Sterilisation for Anti-Bacteria, Mould & Virus
All “germs” are not created equal. Bacteria, Moulds and Fungi are complete living
organisms. They carry on their life functions within their own cells. Viruses, on
the other hand, are not complete and can only carry on reproduction and metabolism
when inside a host organism. That is why antibiotics are not effective on viruses.
However, over the last few decades advances in science technology have made it possible
to see matter and life forms down to the level of atoms and molecules. This led to
the discovery and study of virus particles. It also launched a new research field
called Photocatalysis…where it was discovered that the electrostatic and covalent
bonding of some metallic molecules could be harnessed to create superior anti-microbial
In 2007 our Solas Shield technology was formulated as an environmental decontamination
solution based on titanium Dioxide. This Photocatalytic process could work when visible
light energises the titanium dioxide particles, posing an oxidising lethal barrier
Original forms of this technology required UV light, this new form is effective with
indoor incandescent or fluorescent lighting. It is available in ready to use spray
products for application to most surfaces - even textile - turning them into 24/7
eco-warriors in the fight against the spread of bacterial and viral diseases.
Conventional methods of manual Disinfection and Sterilisation are laborious, expensive,
and due to the introduction of stringent health and safety concerns now require,
the use of less effective biocidal agents, for example, the use of hypochlorite solutions
in many areas is no longer permitted. The results of extensive research clearly demonstrate
that photocatalysis can play a role in the inactivation of pathogens on all surfaces.
- Air Treatment & Purification (Indoor & Out)
- Anti-Microbial (Bio-Film, Pathogen Evaporation)
- Broad-spectrum Sterilisation, with no target selection.
- Deodorisation (VOC’s)
- Sanitisation (Algae, Bacteria, Fungi & Moulds)
- Self-Cleaning Surface (Dirt, Organic Growth),
Decomposition of germ body and endotoxin while providing 24/7 defense against epidemics
such as;- Anthrax, Avian Flu H5N8, Black Mould, Candida, C. Difficile, E. Coli, H1
N1, Legionnaires, Listeria, Mould & Fungi, MRSA (staph), Ms-2, Mycobacterium fortiutum,
NDM-1, NvN1, SARS, Strep, Salmonella, VRE and many many more of the countless strains
- With an high ongoing performance and everlasting socially desired effect...for use
in Clinics, Dentists, Hospital, Nursing Homes, Offices, Private Homes, Public Facilities,
Schools & Nursery etc. as a “fixed” and ongoing 24/7 - 365 anti-bacterial/microbial
sanitisation application, with non toxic - safe and non pollutive properties, totally
environment friendly and harmless to human beings and animals alike.
- Utilise as a disease prevention aid after any natural disaster like - earthquake,
flood, cyclone etc.
- Effectively controls against bacteria outbreak by eliminating organic matter from
the surface substrate
- •Destroys bacterial cell membrane by causing leakage of the cytoplasm, which inhibits
the bacteria’s activity and results in the death and total decomposition.
- A TiO2 Photocatalyst action is significantly stronger than ozone and 2 times stronger
- TiO2 Treated Fluorescent Tubes or CFLs can easily be fitted to existing light fixtures
- Veterinary facilities also need to protect their patients from infections.
Strong Oxidation Power
The very strong oxidising power of our TiO2 PCO Ultra-Thin-Film
will completly destroy the bacteria's cell membrane, causing leakage of the cytoplasm,
which in turn totally inhibits the bacteria’s activity, and ultimately not only
results in elimination, - but the total decomposition of the contaminent.
Suggested areas of use;
- Ambulance, Accident & Emergency / Exam / Paediatric / Gastro / X-ray and other Treatment
- Administration Office - Reception Desk, Cabinets / Desks / Tables / Workstation
- Cafeteria / Food storage, Preparation & Cooking area
- Doors, Entries, Lifts and Stairwells
- Fax , Phones, Headsets and all Medical Equipment
- Mattress, Bed Covers, Bed Rails & Springs
- Nursing Stations
- Physiotherapy Rooms and Equipment
- Public Restrooms & Surfaces
- Hard Surface Flooring
- Reception and Waiting areas, including all Seating and Furnishings
- Resident Rooms
- Shared Patient Equipment
- Staff Rooms & Rest Areas
- Staff Uniforms
- Walls and Ceilings